Categories

Archives

Mission Flackback...

While I was serving in the California San Francisco Mission I met so many amazing people and I was introduced to so many different cultures. One of the many was the Tongan culture! I served in the Tongan program too!! I loved it! I love THEM and miss them too!! (thank goodness for facebook ;) ) anyway... My brother in law, Josh, served in Bernadino, California (way before me) ;)  in a Tongan program there. So, my piont. We now have a Sister serving in our ward who is from Tonga. So Josh decided to make a Tongan dinner and some Otai!!! I had forgotten how much I MISSED this food and the culture. Sorry, to her pālangi, meaning "white person," companion. I even made the boiled bananas!! Josh made Lu Pulu... but we didn't have tarro leaves so we used banana leaves and spinach. I MISS CALIFORNIA!!



All my mission pics are packed and in storage... I wanted to put up a pic of the Tongan missionaries I worked with and my Tongan companions. But this is the only one I had froma previous post. This is at a Tongan Stake Confrence. This is the traditional missionary attire in Tonga.


*pic taken 2006

1 thoughts of the day:

This is so funny! I was just strolling through looking at all your pictures and the white sister missionary is Jessica Myler! I love her! She was my room mate and grew up in my cousins ward in Rieri, Idaho. What a small world. I had to do a double take. Any ways... thats cool.

Post a Comment

My Photograpghy Portfolio

He ASKED!!

He ASKED!!
18 March 2007

Our Engagement

Our Engagement

Manti Temple

Manti Temple
24 August 2007

Welcome Alyvia Jane

Welcome Alyvia Jane
23 July 2009 1:24 am

Search