Categories

Archives

Alyvia's first trip to Washington - Day 1


Saturday January 16, 2010. We left for the Kansas City airport at 8:30 AM. We made the 4 hour trek North. It was a very foggy drive, but everything went so well. Alyvia was such a doll and didn't cry once. We made it to the airport by 12:30 PM. There were no lines and we checked our luggage without any hassle. Then through security we went... to gate 33. For some odd reason Southwest has their gates sectioned and they are separate. (weird) Anyway... We were really early to our flight, which wasn't until 3:45 PM. So we sat and waited and fed Alyvia lunch, then waited some more. I decided to check the monitors just to make sure our flight was leaving from gate 33; sure enough it said gate 39 (the other section of gates). So I talk to a lady at the counter and sure enough we have to go through security again to go to the other gate... ugh... oh well. So we get to the next gate and go through security, this time Kristofer has to be patted down. haha... Then we sit and wait again.
 pictures of them waiting... ;)

Alyvia is SO observant, she loved looking at the planes.

As we sat there for hours just waiting... there were tons of flights over booked and we were just listening to what vouchers they were offering and how long that particular flight would have to wait for the next flight. They were all about 4-5 hours. I kept telling Kristofer I have always wanted to take one of those offers. So finally when our flight came sure enough they over booked this flight too. We were headed through Las Vegas then to Seattle. Well, I said let me just find out the stipulations. I waited in line and the guy, 2 in front of me, was saying he had a connecting flight and the lady said they don't usually do connecting because they can't guarantee the connecting flight. Then girl in front of me said she could do it. Then I talked to the lady and said I heard you don't  connecting flights, but we don't have to connect through Las Vegas because we're headed to Seattle. She put our name down and said just load the plane and they'll call us. As we were about to enter the plain they called our name. The next plane was boarding and we would arrive 15 mins later.  We would just connect in Chicago instead... So I was like deal! Our voucher was for $660.80. :) We have a year to use it. The downfall was that the flight was back at gate 33 and we had to go through security again! But it was worth it!! :)


Alyvia did great as she always does. We arrived at 8:30 Seattle time. 

4 thoughts of the day:

I have always wanted to be in that situation to get a voucher--if it ever comes, I'll know to be proactive as you were! Alyvia is a doll--I love the polka-dot headband.

how exciting! looks like she had an awesome time

mckenzie said...

Corrine you are so sweet!! THANK YOU for being so supportive. You are also:A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

Jill said...

Score! You made out well. Alyvia is such a cutie, and looks like a great traveler.

Post a Comment

My Photograpghy Portfolio

He ASKED!!

He ASKED!!
18 March 2007

Our Engagement

Our Engagement

Manti Temple

Manti Temple
24 August 2007

Welcome Alyvia Jane

Welcome Alyvia Jane
23 July 2009 1:24 am

Search