Categories

Archives

As I pondered today...

2 Nephi 1:25 "And I exceedingly fear and tremble because of you, lest [Nephi] shall suffer again; for behold, ye have accused him that he sought power and authority over you; but I know that he hath not sought for power nor authority over you, but he hath sought the glory of God, and your own eternal welfare."

Lehi is scared that his sons are going to rebel against Nephi (his righteous son), as they had done in the past; because Nephi is younger than them.

As I was studying my scriptures this morning I read this verse. I had it highlighted from previous readings, but this time I pondered this scripture a bit longer. I thought of us as children how we rebel and try our hardest to not take the advice our parents give us. Our parents (or any others) we seek advice from (for the most part) are looking out for our well being and our future.


I was thinking of when I become a mother... and it kind of scares me. I don't want authority of any sorts, all I want is for my family to be an eternal family. I have to really see it is through the gospel of Jesus Christ in which we can do that and we have more freedoms that way. How do I as a mother show my children that? That yes Heavenly Father has set guidelines, but they are our own good. Will I be able to teach them all that my parents taught me? Can I be the kind of mother like the "meanst mother" (an article)?


I love the scriptures and I am grateful for the words of Lehi and what we can learn from him.

3 thoughts of the day:

Kristofer said...

You will be a great and "mean" mother =)

Unknown said...

I agree - you'll be an awesome mom! and I seriously doubt you will be all that 'mean'! :)

Post a Comment

My Photograpghy Portfolio

He ASKED!!

He ASKED!!
18 March 2007

Our Engagement

Our Engagement

Manti Temple

Manti Temple
24 August 2007

Welcome Alyvia Jane

Welcome Alyvia Jane
23 July 2009 1:24 am

Search