Categories

Archives

The simple pleasures of life...

Ok... Story, kinda. Kristofer is really into culinary arts. He loves to cook, when he has the time (which isn't very often), and he is a great cook!! So while he was taking his classes, he always said. "I want to get a scale." I would ask him why and he never gave me a straight answer. So I kept telling him ok get one. If any of you know Kristofer he cannot just "get" something. He has to research, read reviews, and has to find a deal. So, we never got one (while he was taking his classes). Several months later after research, reviews read, and a deal offered he bought one (by offer I mean free). When it came my thought was when are we ever going to use this? Well, we have had it a week and I have used it, today! Second part of the story. When we buy beef it is always in a large quantity and I never know how to break it up. Most recipes I use call for 1 lb of beef. So, I reach in the freezer and use whatever bag has beef in it (not knowing how much it really is). Today, bought beef and separated it all into 1 lb bags!! :) I know you all thing I am crazy and are probably thinking it is not that big of a deal. Well, I get joy in the simple things in life. I can know properly seperate my meat and use correct amounts for my cooking. :) Life is great!

6 thoughts of the day:

Anonymous said...

yay for scales! I actually think that is pretty cool cuz I always just guesstimate and I know there are times when I have more in some recipes and less in others, oh well.

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Now we can be blog friends. I am adding this and your photo one to mine! Love it.

This cracks me up. I usually estimate the ground beef when I'm separating it into freezer bags. One time I asked Eric to do it and he went down and got the mail scale (we have it for eBay stuff). He then weighed each portion and neatly printed on each package the exact weight, down to the hundredth of a pound. So yea for scales, and yea for cute husbands who like scales. :)

Denisse said...

I think it's an AWESOME idea...I'm also always guesstimating and I always have more meat in some bags and less in others...so kudos for getting one!!!:)

Mandy said...

your not crazy that is very cool and If I had one I would probably do the same thing. Party on!!

Thanks for leaving me comments on my blog. It makes me feel like it is actually useful!

Post a Comment

My Photograpghy Portfolio

He ASKED!!

He ASKED!!
18 March 2007

Our Engagement

Our Engagement

Manti Temple

Manti Temple
24 August 2007

Welcome Alyvia Jane

Welcome Alyvia Jane
23 July 2009 1:24 am

Search